wtorek, 30 lipca 2013

The matter of style

          English isn't my mother language, but sometimes, even pretty often, I have a need to write and think in english. Thinking in this language is... easier. I wish i could write every post this way, but first of all- I make lots of mistakes. Yes... And besides, I feel like i have no style if I don't write in polish. I even modulate my voice in a different way when I speak english, so I sound more childish than normally. The cool thing about this language is, that every word sounds pretty, senseless sentences seem less senseless, and when I translate them into polish, everything sounds so harsh. Not because polish is an awful language, it's just about... that polish words have more meaning to me. I like reading in english though. 'Ghetto Kidz'- I can't imagine reading this book in polish. Really. I have read this book like five times already and I am going to read it again as soon as I forget most of the details.
           Sometimes, when I think about the plot of my maybe-one-day-to-be-book, I am imagining dialogues in english.Then I translate them into polish and try to find right words to keep the mood of this exact scene. Words can mean so much. It takes so much effort to create a page long scene that will be alike to how I imagine it in my head. It's like with painting, with the difference, that there are words instead of pens and pencils and so on.
          This post is pretty messy, but so is my chaotic thinkin right now. I know it's easier to get to more people writing posts in english, but I am not sure if I am good enough to make it till that point. Self critic first!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz